Machines do make work easier, isn’t it? Absolutely yes! Just imagine spending some of your precious time driving in nails using a hammer, so boring. Some jobs should be left for the machines, and choosing the best pneumatic framing nailer definitely solves your problem.
The tool is quick and accurate, thus makes you finish your task promptly. However, going through the market and getting the ideal tool for your job and pocket friendly isn’t a walk in the path. That’s why I’m certain that our list will guide you towards your dream tool.
Pneumatic nail guns prove to be the best despite the presence of other models which might be cordless or electric. My list entails a rundown of the best and most popular pneumatic framing nails that will help you identify the tool that suits your preferences. Therefore, without further ado, let’s get started.
- 1-year limited warranty
- 21-degree pneumatic nail gun
- Air tool oil
- Has hex wrenches
- 30-day wearable parts warranty
The NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic 21 Degree displays exceptional features. It is designed with a durable magnesium body, making it durable and lightweight. The tool is a perfect match for a DIYer or a contractor who loves to enjoy work quickly and with great comfort, thanks to the tool’s ergonomic, safe handle.
It also features a quick to shoot trigger. With an air capacity requirement of 90 PSI, this armarture is powerful and versatile. It can be applied in a range of tasks including wood fencing, roof decking, sheathing, and installation of subfloors.
Additionally, the customer service reception is positive as their staff demonstrates an outstanding and long-lasting value. I can bet my certainty on the product’s durability. More so, you will get a 30-day warranty of wearable parts and a 1-year limited warranty on the product.
- Durable and versatile
- 1-year limited warranty and a 30-day warranty on wearable parts
- Fast trigger
- Comfortable ergonomic handle design
- Some customers complain about the customer service
2. BOSTITCH Framing Nailer, Round Head, 1-1/2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch (F21PL)
- Magnesium cover making the tool lightweight
- Composite of two nailers in one
- Patented push-button for guiding the nails to a proper depth
- A well-defined rafter hook for hanging the tool
- Weighs 8.1 lbs
- Has a driving power of up to 1050 inch/ lbs
- Works at a pressure between 80-120 PSI
The tool features two nailers in one. It incorporates two swift change nose pieces that transform to the metal connector or framing tasks. You will not mind about its weight since it features a durable, lightweight magnesium cover.
Additionally, the tool displays a powerful driving force of up to 1050 inch-pounds, a fastener depth control, fastener collation, 1-half to 3- half inch framing nailer, and a bump trigger. You will have to get an air compressor that produces air capacity between 80-120 PSI.
The pneumatic powered framing nailer is equipped with a rubber grip handle to provide user comfort by reducing the tension applied on the wrist.
- Features 2 nailers in one
- Lightweight design
- Has a comfortable rubber handle
- Some complain that 8.1 pounds are heavy.
3. Metabo HPT Framing Nailer, The Pro Preferred Brand of Pneumatic Nailers, 21° Magazine, Accepts 2″ to 3-1/2″ Framing Nails, (NR90AES1)
- Feature a quick transition trigger
- Best framing nailer award in builder and developer magazine
- 21-degree nail gun
- The lightweight of 7.5 pounds
- Compatible with plastic collated framing nails of 2″ Up to 3-1/2″
- Enjoys a wide range of applications
- Features depth-adjustable button
The Metabo HPT Framing Nailer features an industrial design which is valid for any DIYer or professional contractor. It can drive plastic collated nails from 2″ up to 3-1/2″ in length. With a weight of barely 7.5 pounds, the framing nailer offers more power compared to other bulkier tools in the market.
The tool enjoys a wide range of applications including flooring, truss erection, window build-up, roof decking, house construction, sub-flooring and wall sheathing. It also has an adjustable depth button that enables you to drive nails to desired depths.
Save time by using the quick transition trigger that allows you to switch between sequential and contact nailing.
Enjoy a whopping 5-year warranty from the manufactures, proving its durability and effectiveness. That’s the reason why the tool has featured consecutively due to its prime performance, winning multiple awards in builder and developer magazine.
- 5-year limited warranty
- Durable machine
- Features a fast transition trigger
- Performs a range of applications
- Can drive many collated nails from 2″ up to 3-1/2″ in length
- Some complaint of poor customer service
4. BOSTITCH Metal Connector Nailer, 1-1/2-Inch (MCN150)
- Weighs 4.6 pounds
- Compact design
- Comes with a carrying case
Bostitch metal connector nailer is one of the lightest gun nailers in the market. It weighs 4.6 pounds which are 50% lighter than many competitive models. It features an extended nail tip that places the fastener point directly into connector holes for a swift and useful application.
The tool can drive multiple fasteners and metal connector nails, ranging from 1 1/2 inch straps hot fasteners to other paper tape collated metal connector nails. The armature is built with safety precautions that inhibit firing when it is not fitted right into the connector hole.
Moreover, the tool exhibits a compact design that enables it to fit in tight spots. If you add the design to its lightweight property, then you can easily maneuver through long tasks with ease. Your safety is also maintained through a well-designed exhaust system that drives away the air in the opposite direction.
Imagine enjoying a whooping 7-years limited warranty on a tool! That definitely shows that the machine is long-lasting and the manufacturer has cultivated state of the art technology in its design.
- A whopping 7-years limited warranty
- Drives multiple fasteners
- Easy to use and fast
- Presence of exhaust system to drive away air
- Some customers prefer
5. Hitachi NR83A5 3-1/4″ Plastic Collated Framing Nailer with Rafter Hook
- Features an open nose design for removing jammed nails
- Has an ergonomic rubber handle for user comfortability
- Presence of a rafter hook for hanging the tool
- Has a loading capacity of 64-70 nails
The device offers a stunning power output compared to its peers. It smoothly drives in nails faster, even in the most robust materials, you can imagine. This tool is integrated with a rafter hook that allows you to hang it on your job site conveniently.
Hitachi NR83A5 also features a less depth of drive adjustment that enables you to have full control during operation. The tool ensures an ergonomic rubber handle design for a comfortable grip. Additionally, you can easily remove jammed nails from the working surface, that’s to the open nose design incorporated by Hitachi engineers.
- Features an ergonomic rubber handle design for comfortability.
- Has less depth of drive adjustment for smooth operation
- Provides a stunning drive power
- Has a rafter hook for easy hanging
- Some complain that 9.1 pounds are heavy
6. Freeman PFR2190 21 Degree 3-1/2″ Full Round Head Framing Nailer
- Features lightweight and durable magnesium body
- Has a secure ergonomic handle
- Features interchangeable trigger
- Versatile and powerful
Freeman PFR2190 Pneumatic 21 Degree is one of the few pneumatic tools with multiple features. It is built with a lightweight and durable magnesium body, making it competitive among other models. It incorporates an interchangeable trigger for swift action thus ideal to any DIYer or contractor who needs the job to be done quickly.
The tool can be used in a range of applications such as fencing, wood box assembly, siding installation, wall sheathing, sub-floors construction, framing, and pallet building. It can operate in a pressure range of between 70-115 PSI. The tool is barely 8.5 pounds in weight.
Additionally, the tool’s steel parts are heat-treated for durability. Walk home or place an order with an assurance of 7-years limited warranty and 90-days wearable parts warranty.
- Lightweight and durable
- Used for a range of applications
- Incorporates an interchangeable trigger for quick action
- Durable tool
- Some customers consider 8.5 pounds to be massive.
- Rubber grip handle for comfort
- Incorporates new headgear design
- Has tool-less depth adjustment
- Uses a two-step nail loading system
The tool incorporates a new model head guard for swift disassembly process, saving more time for other activities. It drives plastic collated nails ranging from 2″ to 3-1/2″ in length. With a weight of barely 7.5 pounds, the tool is flexible and provides a driving power similar to other more substantial models.
The nailer comes with safety glasses for protecting your eyes against jumping materials. With a nail capacity of 64 nails, It operates at an air pressure of between 70-120 PSI.
Don’t worry about the tension on your hands during operation because the tool incorporates a rubber grip handle to provide comfort and secure grip. The device is engineered with a two-step nail loading system for easy reloads.
- Two-step nail loading system for easy reload
- Comfortable rubber handle
- Easy and quick operation
- Flexible and durable
- The name change to Metabo confuses some, but it is the same product.
8. Makita AN924 21º Full Round Head 3-1/2″ Framing Nailer
- Has a well-structured aluminium magazine for prolonged life
- Lightweight Design
- Uses large-capacity air chamber
- Operates at a fast driving speed
Makita manufacturers are well known for quality products. They have been in the market for decades and never cease to amaze with amazing tools. The Makita framing nailer disclosed here integrates robust performance and durable lifespan. It is versatile and works on various grounds including floors and roofs nailing, framing walls, wall sheathing, subflooring and floor decking. Its versatility makes it perfect for any DIYer in either carpentry, roofing or framing niche.
It can accommodate framing nails from 2″ to 3 1/2″ in length and .113 to .148 in diameter. The tool incorporates a well-structured aluminium magazine that increases its lifespan. The design also cares for comfort through the provision of a rubberized ergonomic grip handle.
You can also switch between the two modes of operation (sequential or bump). The driving blade is also heat-treated to increase its lifespan.
Enjoy a 3-years limited warranty from Makita manufacturers if you order for this tool.
- 3-years limited warranty
- Ergonomic handle grip
- Valid for a range of applications
- The lightweight of barely 8.3 lbs
- Durable and easy to operate
- Some complaint of poor customer service
9. Valu-Air 9021C 21 Degree Full Round Head Framing Nailer 3-1/2″
- Made with an aluminium magazine
- Has a selective bump or single fire trigger
- Incorporates tool-less depth adjustment
- Can be used for a wide range of applications
Valu-Air framing nailer exhibits multiple features that favour its durability, performance and user comfort. It can be used in a wide range of applications like framing, fastening, and decking. The drive guide is heat-treated to increase its lifespan.
The tool is made of cast aluminium cover, which makes it lightweight and durable. Plus a tool-free depth adjustment for countersink nailing and more precise flush. It also has a comfortable non-slip handle for a secure grip during operation.
You are free to select the bump or single trigger option depending on your preference.
- Enjoys multiple applications
- Easy switch to bump or single trigger option
- Casing not specified
10. WEN 61798 34-Degree Clipped Head Framing Nailer
- Comes with safety glasses, adjustment wrenches, carrying case and oil
- Has an adjustable exhaust
- Sustains up to 100 nails
- Drives 30-degree to 34-degree paper collated fasteners
- Operates with an air pressure of between 70-120 PSI
- Incorporates an aluminium body
- Has a comfortable, rubberized handle
When you hear anything to do with pneumatic framing nailers that do not call out for WEN 61798, then you need to do more homework. It is one of the extinct nailers that can shoot 30-34 degree paper collated fasteners from 2 to 3-1/2 inches in size. You will enjoy a comfortable, rubberized handle and a lightweight aluminium tool.
The tool enables you to use an air compressor with an air capacity ranging from 70-120 PSI. It also has a nail holding capacity of 100 nails.
The air tool also comes with adjustment wrenches, oil, safety glasses and a storage case. Besides, prepare to enjoy a 1-year limited warranty from the manufacturer if you order for this item.
- 1-year warranty provided
- Comfortable rubber handle
- High nail holding capacity of 100 nails
- Comes with oil, adjustment wrenches, and casing
- Good customer care services
- Bulky in weight (weighs 18.1 pounds)
Factors Worth Considering when Buying Best Pneumatic Framing Nailer
A happy customer walks home having in mind that he has purchased the best product in the market. The best framing nailer can be identified based on several factors, including the weight, dimension, driving power, design, and user comfortability. In this section, I am going to give you more delicate details of the factors you need to consider when buying your framing nailer. I am confident that after this part, you’ll get the best framing nailer that suits your needs at a pocket-friendly cost.
The framing nailer size
Size does matter in framing nailers. You should know that some tools can be small in size but weigh more and vice versa. The size is dependent on the volume of material occupies, while the density of the material determines weight. As I read through the customer reviews, I observed a significant number of people complaining about framing nailer sizes.
You can figure out what size is good with your task, and this will determine its maneuverability, flexibility, and comfort during use. For instance, a small size framing nailer has an advantage in that it can reach tight spots. So, if your work involves accessing tight spots, then you’ll definitely go for a smaller framing nailer.
The ideal size loved by many people goes by the description “low profile design”. It is built in a small size that can maneuver in tight spots. The other aspect featured in low profile design is the weight; it is lightweight to give user comfortability.
Otherwise, when it comes to size, it all depends on your preference.
The framing nailer weight
Weight is a significant factor to consider before choosing your framing nailer. Remember, some framing nailers are heavier yet produce less power compared to other lighter models. If you operate your tools for a longer time, then you’ll opt for a lighter one. It is tiresome holding a massive tool throughout the day.
Though many people do confuse heavy and heavy-duty descriptions, the weight is measured in pounds while heavy-duty tools are determined by the amount of work they can perform. Heavy-duty tools operate at higher power and perform a considerable chunk of work.
However, with the current state of the art technology, top manufacturers have switched to using magnesium metal as the body for framing nailers. It is the lightest material currently known with strong bonds and high corrosion resistant. So, if you find a framing nailer made of magnesium, then consider it light and durable.
The nail type
As you can see in my reviews above, I am identifying the types of nails a framing nailer can fire depending on the sizes. Every framing nailer has specific types of nails it can fire, like clipped head framing nails or round head framing nails. You should check on the standard building codes of your state before going for a framing nailer since other codes prohibit the use of clipped nails.
Another feature is that clipped head framing nailers accommodate many nails and can go for more rounds without reloading compared to round head framing nailers.
Types of Framing Nailers
Framing nailers are built in many types. I advise you to capture some knowledge on the different types before purchasing one. We have two main types, which are cordless and pneumatic framing nailers. But, there is a brushless type which falls under cordless framing nailers. Let us run through the types listed below so that you can know the one that suits your taste.
Pneumatic framing nailer
The term pneumatic resonates with air. Therefore, these types of framing nailers operate with air pressure. So, if you go for pneumatic framing nailers, then you must get yourself an air compressor. If you got one air compressor, check on its air capacity since different framing nailers run with different air capacity. It is designated as PSI.
The framing nailers are easy to use. You need to confirm if the air compressor is full and fully functional and connect it to the nailer through a hose pipe. Check if there is any leakage through the vents or bends. Then proceed by pulling the trigger to the identified spots to fire the nails.
- Pocket friendly if you own an air compressor
- Exceptional on heavy-duty tasks
- Extra cost to buy an air compressor
Cordless Framing Nailers
The cordless type does not require an air compressor. Recharged batteries and fuel cartridges drive them. It operates with the same technique as a car engine. The trigger releases fuel which mixes with air for combustion; then a driving force is produced that pushes the piston to drive the nails to the surface.
Brushless framing nails also fall into this category. Brushless motors drive them through batteries only.
- Demands less maintenance
- Relatively expensive than the corded type
I know you are in a dilemma on which type of framing nailer you can purchase. It is easy to choose depending on your preference, budget and the tool’s performance. But, cut your coat according to your size. Frequent buying of fuel cartridges can be costly compared to using pneumatic framing nailers.
Have it in mind that pneumatic framing nailers are ideal for heavy-duty tasks. For instance, working on a whole building or working on hard surfaces. Otherwise, working on small surfaces or less accessible surfaces like the roof requires a cordless framing nailer. The cordless type is flexible so long as it is charged. However, if you are a professional contractor, get both of them since they complement each other.
In summary, I hope that if you follow this buying guide, you will definitely land on the best pneumatic framing nailer of your choice. My in-depth research contains every detail that you may need to make an informed decision.
In case of any question or compliment, feel free to share with us through the comment box below.